Parent Effectiveness Training – during the current times I am unable to run courses in person. In accordance with Thomas Gordon International’s wishes I am currently running a “book club” going through the P.E.T textbook.
– to sign up or for more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07790 368117
- Tuesday evening 6pm – 1 hour session on-line
- Wednesday morning 10.30-12.30 on-line (2hr session)
- Thursday morning 9.30 – 12.30 in person. West Didsbury, Manchester location TBA (3 hour sessions)
- Thursday evenings 6-8pm on-line. (2 hour session)
- why we find certain behaviour acceptable or unacceptable depending on the time/place/person,
- training in active listening to develop authentic and empathic understanding,
- declarations that help avoid conflict,
- problem solving with no judgment but meeting needs and being creative,
- how to become a trusted consultant to children
- providing opportunities for children to develop independence.
Parent Support: Non violent communication and Parent Effectiveness Training. I run the full 24 hour Parent Effectiveness Training over weekends, single days or a 12/24 week course of sessions.
I run drop in parental support groups working in a problem solving way as we discuss the challenges that are live for us in the moment.
1:1 Support for parents. I can offer on-line or in person support to parents. The first session is free and thereafter we can create a plan together agreeing a course of sessions to meet the needs and review at the end of each course. The support can be to tackle a specific challenge or to explore a change of strategy as the current one is not satisfying for anyone involved.